Share:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window) MGN Image MAYVILLE – The Chautauqua County Health Department reported two new COVID-19 cases Wednesday.Officials say the cases involve a male and a female, both in their 40s.“Once identified, our department notifies the close contacts of their potential exposure to COVID-19 and they are placed under mandatory or precautionary quarantine to monitor for symptoms,” said officials. “If you do not personally hear from a public health nurse, you are not a close contact of an individual who has been confirmed to have COVID-19.” There are now 11 active cases, with patients continuing to recover under quarantine.So far, eight people have fully recovered from the novel Coronavirus infection and two have died.In Cattaraugus County, two new cases were reported Wednesday brining the total there to 12 with nine cases active.
Like a bus with giant mushrooms growing out of its top, a Mobile Command Operations Vehicle (MCOV) sat outside the Federal Emergency Management Agency’s Joint Field Office, its roof covered with satellite dishes. Inside, a dozen volunteers sat at desks taking calls from Vermonters all over the state who were seeking help in the aftermath of the massive flooding that occurred earlier in the week from Tropical Storm Irene”Is he stranded in the house?” one volunteer asked. “Here’s a number you can call for emergency shelter,” another said. “Is it just your basement flooded?” asked a third volunteer, raising her voice to be heard above the constantly ringing phones.Welcome to Vermont’s new 211 call center, courtesy of FEMA.”After the first day of flooding, everybody was out there on the airwaves instructing people to call 211,” said Mary Ellen Mendl, Director of United Way of Vermont. “But we only had six lines and seven staff people who could answer them and at times the spike in calls reached 450 in one hour.”Swamped by the volume, many people had to leave messages or could not get through at all. “On Monday alone, we returned 173 calls for the people who were able to leave a message,” Mendl said.First launched in 2005 in Vermont by the United Way to provide referrals for basic needs such as food, housing and other resources in times of crisis, 211 has now become synonymous with immediate help after a disaster, but was being overwhelmed by callers dealing with the floods.With FEMA already on the ground, state emergency management officials asked if there was a solution at hand. Joe Malloe, FEMA’s Communication Unit Leader for FEMA Incident Management Assistance Team, obliged.By reconfiguring the MCOV’s communication system so that Vermont’s 211 phone lines could be routed through the vehicle’s satellite links, Malloe was able to increase the phone line capability to 17.”We are here to support the state in its recovery efforts, and our people and resources are theirs now,” said FEMA’s Federal Coordinating Officer, Craig Gilbert. “The fact that our technical people could devise a solution so quickly really speaks to their skill and dedication.” Vermonters who wish to volunteer to staff 211 lines may call the governor’s office at (802) 828-3333.The 211 call service is not the same as FEMA’s number for registration for federal assistance. Those who have suffered damages and losses in Chittenden, Rutland, Washington and Windsor counties can register for disaster assistance by calling 800-621-3362 (FEMA). For TTY call 800-462-7585. If you have a speech disability or hearing loss and use a TTY, call 800-462-7585 directly; if you use 711 or Video Relay Service (VRS), call 800-621-3362. Multilingual assistance is available. Registration is also available at www.DisasterAssistance.gov(link is external) or at FEMA’s mobile website, m.fema.gov. Registering online reduces the number of forms you have to fill out, shortens the time it takes to apply for aid and allows you to check the progress of your application online. FEMA’s mission is to support our citizens and first responders to ensure that as a nation we work together to build, sustain, and improve our capability to prepare for, protect against, respond to, recover from, and mitigate all hazards.Disaster recovery assistance is available without regard to race, color, religion, nationality, sex, age, disability, English proficiency or economic status. If you or someone you know has been discriminated against, call FEMA toll-free at 800-621-FEMA (3362). For TTY call 800-462-7585.FEMA’s temporary housing assistance and grants for public transportation expenses, medical and dental expenses, and funeral and burial expenses do not require individuals to apply for an SBA loan. However, applicants who receive SBA loan applications must submit them to SBA loan officers to be eligible for assistance that covers personal property, vehicle repair or replacement, and moving and storage expenses.SBA disaster loan information and application forms may be obtained by calling the SBA’s Customer Service Center at 800-659-2955 (800-877-8339 for people with speech or hearing disabilities) Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. ET or by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org(link sends e-mail). Applications can also be downloaded from www.sba.gov(link is external) or completed on-line at https://disasterloan.sba.gov/ela/(link is external).9.2.2011
Former Arsenal striker Charlie Nicholas (Picture: Getty)‘If you are doing that as a financial package, you are not buying to replace Aubameyang.‘You can get rid of Shkodran Mustafi and Henrikh Mkhitaryan, who has been out on loan. This will all help to filter through, so there are easy things to do.‘Give him what he wants, get rid of dead wood, you have the kids, and it would not cost £200m to challenge for the top four once more.’More: FootballRio Ferdinand urges Ole Gunnar Solskjaer to drop Manchester United starChelsea defender Fikayo Tomori reveals why he made U-turn over transfer deadline day moveMikel Arteta rates Thomas Partey’s chances of making his Arsenal debut vs Man CityThe former Arsenal striker added: ‘My preference would be to offer Aubameyang what he wants.‘Everyone will flag up his wages. I have been told differing scenarios, especially with Mesut Ozil.‘Is it possible Ozil could move on? Could this then help fund wages for Aubameyang and others? If they get him off the wage bill without getting anything for him, it will not be too bad. Nicholas believes Arsenal should offload Shkodran Mustafi (Picture: Getty)‘There are differing ways of doing this, but more than anything, I would want Arsenal to renew Aubameyang’s contract for three or four years.‘Even if Arsenal are average as of next year, they cannot decline much more, it has reached its bottom.’Arsenal were ninth in the Premier League when the 2019/20 campaign was suspended due to the coronavirus pandemic.Follow Metro Sport across our social channels, on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.For more stories like this, check our sport page.MORE: How Arsenal missed out on signing Juan Mata as Cesc Fabregas’ replacementMORE: Arsenal begin talks to sign £50m Rodrigo Moreno from Valencia Metro Sport ReporterSunday 19 Apr 2020 1:23 pmShare this article via facebookShare this article via twitterShare this article via messengerShare this with Share this article via emailShare this article via flipboardCopy link1.5kShares Advertisement Mikel Arteta has been urged to sell two Arsenal players (Picture: Getty)Charlie Nicholas says Arsenal should sell Shkodran Mustafi and Henrikh Mkhitaryan this summer to raise funds for a new contract for captain Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang.The Gunners are struggling to convince Aubameyang to put pen to paper on a new long-term contract, with his current deal set to expire in the summer of 2021.Gabon superstar Aubameyang has scored 61 goals in 97 matches for Arsenal and manager Mikel Arteta is desperate to keep hold of his talisman.Gunners hero Nicholas is also keen for Aubameyang to extend his stay in north London and says selling Mustafi and Mkhitaryan could raise funds for the striker’s new contract.AdvertisementAdvertisementADVERTISEMENTMustafi has endured a turbulent spell at the Emirates since signing from Valencia in 2016, with the German World Cup-winner often receiving criticism from Arsenal fans.Mkhitaryan, meanwhile, soon fell out of favour following his move from Manchester United and was sent on loan to Roma at the start of the season.Nicholas told Sporting Life: ‘Mikel Arteta wants five or six out and he wants that money to rebuild. If nothing more is in the pot, sell to rebuild. Comment Charlie Nicholas tells Mikel Arteta to sell two Arsenal players to fund new Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang contract Advertisement
NZ Herald 13 Feb 2012Debate on street prostitution is about revive at Parliament. A bill that will allow Auckland Council to ban street prostitution in specific places is to be considered by the local government select committee. Other city councils including Christchurch are expected to show interest and may seek to have the same powers applied generally. An earlier 2005 bill, relating to Manukau City Council, was voted down in 2006 after it emerged from strongly divided select committee hearings. Former Manurewa MP George Hawkins sponsored the local bill at the request of Manukau to address street prostitution near residential areas. After its defeat, he introduced another one in 2010 just before the Auckland Super City was formed. Auckland Council has told the local government select committee it wants to take over the bill, and its jurisdiction is greater Auckland. National MPs supported Mr Hawkins’ original bill. The local government and environment committee will consider the bill and submissions close on February 29.http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10785168Prostitute ban could end residents’ woesONE News 14 Feb 2012It is hoped a Bill before Parliament will bring an end to years of torment for residents affected by prostitution in south Auckland. The Local Government and Environment Committee is considering the Bill which would see prostitution banned from certain areas of Manukau, like Hunter’s Corner. “We want to impose what is similar to a liquor ban, to ban sex workers from those areas,” George Wood from Auckland Council told TV ONE’s Breakfast. “The problem has gone on for years, these people have been there 30 or 40 years, elderly people living in a residential street who have prostitutes sitting on their front fence at night raucously calling out to clients.” If the Bill is passed it would mean fines of up to $2000 for prostitutes caught soliciting in banned areas, and the police would have the power to stop their clients’ cars and arrest them too.http://tvnz.co.nz/national-news/prostitute-ban-could-end-residents-woes-4720670
3 News 9 July 2013Thousands more people could experience gambling harm as a result of concessions for SkyCity in exchange for a new convention centre, documents show.The Government today released papers discussing the potential harm of the deal after unveiling the final details of the agreement with SkyCity on Saturday.The casino operator will build a $402 million international convention centre in Auckland, in exchange for an extension of its Auckland casino licence out to 2048, 230 more pokie machines, 40 more gaming tables and new cashless gaming technology.Currently in New Zealand, there are 2800 gaming machines and 200 gaming tables, with more than 1600 machines and more than 100 tables at SkyCity Auckland.The concessions will increase nationwide pokie machine numbers by 8.2 percent, while table numbers will increase by 20 percent.Discussing the potential harm of increased machine and table numbers in early 2011, the Department of Internal Affairs noted 2006/07 figures showing 87,000 adults experienced problems over the previous 12 months due to someone’s gambling.Of those people, 33 percent said gaming machines were involved, while 8.1 percent said table games were involved.DIA said it was reasonable to assume a similar number of children were affected – taking the total number affected to about 174,000 – 57,500 because of machines and 14,000 because of tables.Based on DIA’s figures, the new concessions could see an additional 4714 people affected by gaming machines and an extra 2800 affected by casino tables – a total of 7514 people.http://www.3news.co.nz/Thousands-more-face-gambling-harm/tabid/423/articleID/304227/Default.aspx#ixzz2YUrxulSY
Sharing is caring! Share Tweet LocalNews Lions Club to host “Carols by Candlelight” 2011 by: – December 15, 2011 Share 15 Views no discussions Pictured: Lions Club of Dominica Carols By Candlelight 2010The Lions Club of Dominica in collaboration with its main sponsor Digicel, would like to inform the general public that their annual production of Carols By Candlelight will take place on Friday 16th December 2011 at the Lindo Park Savannah in Goodwill, from 7:00 p.m. All are welcome to come celebrate with the Lions Club and the community of Goodwill, as they ring in the Christmas season with good cheer and joy, melodious voices caroling along with our favorite local entertainers and peers, including the St. Alphonsus Junior Choir, the Venezuelan Quartet, Phillip Horsford, Tasha P, Daryl Bobb, DADP Singers among others, in a relaxing, peaceful ambiance and candlelight. Santa will also be there with his goodie bag, prizes and surprises, so be sure not to miss it!Press ReleaseLions Club of Dominica Share
Real Madrid boss, Zinedine Zidane, is unsure whether injured forward Eden Hazard will play again this season, reports BBC Sport. The 29 year old who joined Real from Chelsea in June in an initial deal worth £89m, suffered a fractured ankle during his side’s 1-0 La Liga loss to Levante on Saturday. The Belgian was only playing his second game back after a similar injury.Advertisement “I don’t know if his season is over, I don’t know but I hope not,” said Zidane. “I don’t know if he will need an operation, it’s not my area. I can see he’s not happy. Read Also:Zidane casts doubt on Hazard return this season “It’s important he stays positive but of course it’s difficult. It’s a bad moment, it won’t be easy and he will feel like this for a while.” FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Promoted ContentTop 7 Best Car Manufacturers Of All Time7 Universities In The World With The Highest Market ValueBirds Enjoy Living In A Gallery Space Created For ThemPlaying Games For Hours Can Do This To Your BodyWho Earns More Than Ronaldo?Couples Who Celebrated Their Union In A Unique, Unforgettable WayA Soviet Shot Put Thrower’s Record Hasn’t Been Beaten To This DayThese TV Characters Proved That Any 2 People Can Bury The HatchetA Guy Turns Gray Walls And Simple Bricks Into Works Of ArtWhat Is A Black Hole In Simple Terms?7 Of The Wealthiest Universities In The WorldThe Very Last Bitcoin Will Be Mined Around 2140. Read More Loading…
Doras Jean Pilz, 84 of Moores Hill passed away Saturday January 30, 2016 at the home of her daughter in Elrod. Doras was born Friday May 8, 1931 in Dearborn County the daughter of Elmore and Pauline (Weise) Wingate. She married Donald Pilz in December of 1963 and he preceded her in death in February of 2013. Doras was a homemaker and a former employee of the US Shoe Factory at Osgood. She enjoyed her family time, sewing, being outside, and working crossword puzzles.Doras is survived by daughter, Beth Pilz of Milan, grandchildren Nicholas and Cierra Core, sisters Rose Nocks of Aurora and Norma Musgrove of Lawrenceburg. She was preceded in death by son Donald Pilz, sisters Linda Gray, Darlene Hoeweiller, Ruth and Eleanor Wingate and brothers Willard Wingate and Johnny Oches.Services will be at the convenience of the Family. Go to www.sibbettmoore.com to leave an online condolence message for the family. Sibbett-Moore Funeral Home, Moores Hill entrusted with arrangements. Box 156, 47032 (812)744-3280.
September 19, 2017 Police Blotter091917 Batesville Police Blotter091917 Decatur County EMS Report091917 Decatur County Fire Report091917 Decatur County Jail Report091917 Decatur County Law Report
Inter Milan are reportedly considering a shock move for Alvaro Morata, if Edinson Cavani joins Atletico Madrid this summer.Advertisement The Serie A giants have also been linked with Cavani, but the Uruguayan international appears almost certain to join Diego Simeone’s side ahead of the 2020-21 season.If Cavani arrives in Madrid in the coming months, Simeone will have four senior options at centre forward, including Morata, Diego Costa and Joao Felix.According to reports from Italian outlet Tuttosport, that could potentially set in motion an offer for Morata.Atletico Madrid confirmed their intention to activate their purchase clause on the Spanish international, with a €55m payment to Chelsea due in July.Read Also: Lionel Messi passed fit for La Liga restartAny potential deal to allow Morata to head for the San Siro would have to include a similar fee, in order to justify such a quick sale.Antonio Conte is likely to be in the market for a striker ahead of the new season, with Lautaro Martinez heavily linked with a €111m move to Barcelona. FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Loading…